Friday, July 16, 2004

Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism


"It's unfair, it's slanted and it's a hit job. And I haven't even seen it yet." [Eric Shawn, FOX News Reporter]

I haven't rushed off to see 'Fahrenheit 9-11' yet, mainly because I haven't been a fan of Michael Moore's recent work. Although I agree with him in spirit, I find it a shame that he undermines his arguments with clever editorial tricks and cinematic ad hominem attacks. They way he toyed with Charlton Heston, clearly in early stages of Alzheimer's, in 'Columbine,' was detestable; and its ending with Moore's oh-so serious face, as he left the photo of the gun victim on Heston's front door seemed like an insincere, tawdry act. Michael Moore is not a documentarian, he's an entertaining propagandist. He's like the left's Anne Coulter. That being said, I guess we're lucky to have him on the liberal side.

From what I've read about Robert Greenwald's 'Outfoxed,' it sounds like a rational and responsible political documentary. When I first read about the film I had thought "An exposé about Fox?" like who doesn't know they have a right wing agenda. The film is apparently more than that:

"This film provides an in-depth look at Fox News and the dangers of ever-enlarging corporations taking control of the public's right to know." Read more here.
View the 'Outfoxed' trailer in Quicktime or Windows Media.

[Thanks to Frank of Long Beach.]

Copyright ©2005 Kapowie Zone

Fair Use Notice